Wednesday, July 8, 2009

EeeBuntu

Well, I finaly have an OS I'm happy with.

I decided that over my week long break between classes I would try out Linux on my Eee PC 1000h netbook.
First I installed Ubuntu's Jaunty Jackalope using a bootable flashdrive and an image file. I liked the distro and everything worked out of the box with the exception of my Netgear router not wanting to connect (every other wireless router I tried to connect to had no problem though).

Next, I burned an EeeBunto ISO file to disk with ImgBurn and WOW. The install took about 45 minutes including downloading all the updates and I didn't have to reboot once. (Apparently you don't re-boot with Linux, YAY) Everything works including my wireless and I've never been so damn happy :)

Next, I'm going to try out Skype and my new aftermarket battery from China. Supposedly it lasts 9-11 hours so, well see.

No comments:

Post a Comment