Friday, March 6, 2009

Coraline in 3D

I know that I began this blog as just a tech blog and promised regular posts but it's nearing finals and I got caught up with homework and revising my resume. I've gotten behind and for that I'm sorry. However, I'm not sorry to be writing two movie reviews instead of a tech article because they are truly great movies.


I recently saw Coraline and if your not familiar with the story it's about a young girl named Coraline who moves to a new apartment with her distracted workaholic parents. Bored and feeling neglected Coraline discovers a hidden door in a wall that leads to a creepy yet seductive alternate life complete with other parents who dote on her.

The entire film was produced using stop motion animation and was created in my home state of Oregon utilizing about 400 people some of which created the 3000 odd popcorn cherry blossoms used on the set. It took roughly 300 people a week to create just one minute of the film!

The film was amazing. It was creepy and fascinating and so far has been the only movie that I've ever seen that hasn't had one of those slow spots where your just waiting for the action to pick back up. I was completely immersed and absolutely riveted by the film from start to finish, it was that good. The 3D was great and definitely enhanced the experience.


Overall I say see it in the theater and then buy it because you will want to watch it again and no its not just for kids, any adult would love this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment